Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tempest by Julie Cross

Tempest by Julie Cross (ARC)
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
Versions: hardcover

Summary (from goodreads):
Jackson thought he had all the time in the world with Holly. Until time took him away from her...


Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy...who just happens to be able to travel through time. It's all just harmless fun until the day Jackson witnesses his girlfriend, Holly, get fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years, but it's not long before the people who shot Holly come looking for him. And these "Enemies of Time" will stop at nothing to recruit (or kill) this powerful young time-traveler. Jackson must decide how far he is willing to go to save Holly...and the entire world.

What can I say about this book...It was utterly heartbreaking and memorable. Jackson discovered two years ago that he can jump to a different time. Now him and his friend, Adam, are trying to figure out the dynamics and how it happens.  But one night while at his girlfriend's, Holly's, house he witnesses her being shot. He accidentally jumps two years in the past and becomes stuck in 2007. While there he will meet Holly and Adam in the past and even see his sister, Courtney who died from cancer. But Jackson will also start discovering out what his father has worked so hard to hide. And it could mean life or death.

I loved this book. It will stick with you even after days of finishing it. The ending is sort of a"cliff hanger" and right now all I want to do is to find out what happens to Jackson and Holly. Jackson is a great character. Holly is a great character. And together they're purely a work of art. Their relationship is so unique but sad at the same time. I cried so many times while reading this book because the plot line is so heartbreaking.

Will I reread it?
Yes. It is probably one of the best books I have read since "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins". I highly recommend it and am sure it will remain on my best reads of 2011 list. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

5 comments:

Gaby G said...

wow, sounds amazing!

Saba said...

this looks amaaazzingg! love ur blog and im a new follower and enjoy ur reviews! hope u can stop by my blog at www.sabaawesome.blogspot.com. thanks!

Shannon The Bookstalker said...

I love this cover and I'm so glad to hear that its amazing! Thanks for the wonderful review!

Anonymous said...

Hi, There's no doubt that your site could be having web browser
compatibility issues. When I take a look at your blog in Safari,
it looks fine however, when opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues.
I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!

Besides that, great website!

my web page; goji actives pro e contras

theslol said...

o8d12v3i50 u7p34d2x55 g4b75p8q09 x6u22i5o67 x8r39u4c46 r8v64k6d96